I’m Lynn Newman.
- Creativity Expert with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a Master in Counseling Psychology
- Author of The Muse In You: Embracing Creativity To Overcome Life’s Difficulties (coming soon!)
- Author + Creator of self-exploratory games like The Game of You™ and The Game of Insight™
My joy, purpose and passion in life is to teach people a fundamental human truth:
Everything we do is creative and, when we apply creativity to making the most of our lives, we can achieve a happiness and wholeness like no other — a true masterpiece.
I’ve been a therapist, artist, writer, spiritual teacher, and entrepreneur, all with the goal of guiding people to create their wildest desires and dreams.
Can your life really be a masterpiece? YES.
Maybe you feel like your life couldn’t possibly measure up to that. That you could never have all of the inner peace, happiness, and love you’ve always wanted.
But the truth is, you can—and the only way through is to meet yourself deep down inside, in all of your imperfect glory to find your own beating heart.
The creative process is not always nice and neat. You get paint under your fingernails, or the soufflé you’re baking collapses, or you find yourself surrounded by crumpled drafts of your short story.
The crumpled drafts of LIFE can look like…
- A relationship that is causing discomfort or unhappiness
- Experiencing a life transition, releasing an unwanted habit, loss of a loved one, or seeking a fresh change.
- Feeling overwhelmed, blocked or uninspired.
- Uncertainty about how to start to regain your life zest and wanting a creative jumpstart
Difficulties — and even your most painful times — are creativity’s guides to shining more brightly!
They are life’s way of asking you to step up to new levels so that you can claim your most magnificent self and return to the beauty and magic available to you in your daily life.
Life is this big, messy thing,
and that’s why it’s beautiful.
The most freeing act of my life was learning how to celebrate and love myself: this person who made mistakes, who failed sometimes, and who didn’t always get what she wanted.
Another truth? Accepting all of you, and allowing the good to exist alongside the bad and the ugly, actually makes more room for joy to radiate within you.
It’s my calling to show you how.
“For many people, Lynn will be the guide to help you know who you are – to remember the essence of your true nature and that is pure unconditional love”
— DON MIGUEL RUIZ, bestselling author of The Four Agreements.
My masterpiece began (and continued) with creativity. Creativity has always been my way through trouble and pain and heartache.
- When I was growing up and coming to terms with being adopted? I saw Annie on Broadway and connected with her story so strongly that I belted out “The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow” at every opportunity.
- When I was angry at my mother in high school? I immersed myself in school plays, going on to get my BFA in acting and moving to Los Angeles to become an actress.
- After I was fed up with Los Angeles and broke up with my first love? I moved to Santa Fe to study writing with Natalie Goldberg, author of Writing Down the Bones.
- When I sought more adventure? I apprenticed with Don Miguel Ruiz, author of The Four Agreements, and joined him on power journeys around the world such as Machu Picchu, Teotihuacan and the Egyptian pyramids.
- When I wanted to become more creatively free? I painted, having been a student of Michele Cassou, author of Life, Paint and Passion, for 10 years.
- When I wanted more peace? I sat in a dark, zendo on top of the San Bernardino mountains in silent meditation retreats 4 times a year for years.
- After realizing I wanted to start helping others? I pursued and earned my master’s in counseling psychology, and practiced for 8 years.
- And when I lost both my parents to cancer? I wrote The Muse In You: Embracing Creativity To Overcome Life’s Difficulties coming out in the spring of 2019.
“Because Lynn knows her own creativity deep from the inside, she is able to creatively inspire others to explore and discover their own true nature.”
— MICHELE CASSOU, Author of Life, Paint, and Passion, Point Zero & others.
I also turned to all the psychological, spiritual, and creative tools I’d used, studied and taught for 20+ years. They had always helped, but this time, I found out the importance of being a mess. In allowing myself to be broken, I became whole. I finally came to love and accept my big beautiful messy self as the work of art she is.
I took my creative gifts, my pain and losses, my mess, my flaws, and my art… and turned them into my life’s work.
“Lynn has the gift of large perception.”
— NATALIE GOLDBERG, International best-selling author of Writing Down the Bones
Since then, absolutely everything about the way I move through the world has changed.
I’m remarried to an artist. We co-create not only in our art but also in life and with our family.
And I have a sense of self-esteem that I never had when I was seeking answers outside myself.
I particularly love sharing my story with people who feel like they’ll never be able to change. Or anyone who is feeling like they’re doing absolutely they can to change, but they still feel like they’re lost or confused. Or anyone who feels like they just need a creative tune-up.
Because if I can heal, change my patterns, and transform my life like this, you can, too – I know it in my heart.
I triumphantly overcame because I had so many life-changing tools.
Now I’d like to offer the same tools to you.
Create the life you really want. You can begin your journey here:
Together, let’s start uncovering your masterpiece.