Did you know your birth name helps you to discover more about your life purpose(s)? Here’s how:
Write your full name from your birth certificate and place the numbers that correspond to each letter underneath:
A:1 B:2 C:3 D:4 E:5 F:6 G:7 H:8 I:9 J:1 K:2 L:3 M:4 N:5 O:6 P:7 Q:8 R:9 S:1 T:2 U:3 V:4 W:5 X:6 Y:7 Z:8
For example mine would be:
Shirley Lynn Newman
1819357 3755 555415
(That’s how much I love you. I’m admitting my secret first name for our purposes here.)
Then, add all of the numbers together. You will end up with a 2-digit number. (Some will have a 3-digit number.)
1+8+1+9+3+5+7+3+7+5+5+5+5+5+4+1+5 = 79
Add those digits together:
7 + 9 = 16
Place the first digit of the added numbers in (a) and the second digit in (b) and add them together for (c).
(If you have a 3-digit number, place the 2nd and 3rd digit in (b) and add all.)
___(a)___ + ___(b)___ = ___(c)___
1 + 6 = 7
Fill in the blanks with the numbers that go with their corresponding letters:
I am a ___(a)___(while) working through ___(b)___ to (become)___(c)___.
I am a 1 (while) working through 6 to (become) 7.
Refer to the meaning of each number below, and choose ONE DESCRIPTION for each number that resonates or has the most energy for you right now in regards to how you view your purpose in life presently:
a.) reaching my highest achievement
b.) creating opportunity for success
c.) going in a new uplifting direction
Then, build a sentence by filling in the blanks below with the descriptions of the numbers that correspond to the letters a, b and c that you chose above, creating a final statement:
In regards to how I view my purpose right now in life, I’m ________(a)_________, (while) working through ____________(b)________________ to (become) _______________________(c)_______________________________.
In regards to how I view my purpose right now in life, I’m reaching my highest achievement, while creating opportunities for success to go in a new uplifting direction.
Voila! An instant life purpose statement!
Here are a few number descriptions to draw from:
0. Experiencing emptiness, opening, feeling ready to explore, having divine protection, getting extra divine help.
1. Planting seeds and growing roots, initiating a new start, knowing my potential, getting focused, realizing opportunity, having courage, applying mindfulness and attention, reaching for my highest achievement, being inspired, receiving good, enjoying simplicity, asserting my will/leadership, pioneering ideas, learning self-reliance, making my mark, starting a new cycle, wanting to do it my way.
2. Healing separation in relationship to myself and others with love and sensitivity, needing to join forces, using intuition, being guided toward inner knowing, deepening love, needing balance, making decisions, turning experience into a learning opportunity, moving into higher awareness, transforming, keeping things balanced, helping people from behind the scenes.
3. Creating with spontaneity and enthusiasm a happier state, letting go of the past for the new to be born, loving unconditionally, feeling fulfilled with work, needing to surrender in order to move into a happier state, letting go of the way I’ve defined myself, taking pleasure in art, food, design, beauty or luxury, staying positive, connecting with others more deeper.
4. Establishing a foundation for myself, knowing the power I hold within, putting focus inward, building a solid foundation, desiring change, wanting security, marking a passage or a milestone, using self-control, realizing this is a space and time where something special can occur, expanding self-empowerment, creating a structure, working hard.
5. Willing to overcome obstacles, learning from mistakes, adapting, learning from experience, healing, searching for freedom, needing moderation, recovering from addiction or abuse, shifting negative habits/patterns, handling reactivity, facing adversity, making necessary changes, solving problems, finding comfort in uncertainty, experiencing loss, needing more inner balance, finding freedom, traveling, moving, adventuring, freeing myself up, wanting to learn to do something.
6. Making choices that change direction for the good, understanding the benefits of giving, being receptive to others needs including my own, feeling supported and supporting others, creating opportunity for success, receiving reward or recognition, coming into balance, appreciating and feeling appreciated, committing to the truth that lies in my heart, spending time with my children and family, being of service to others.
7. Preparing for change, acknowledging that I have all that I need, going in a new uplifting direction, realizing struggles/tests have caused me to mature, experiencing movement, correcting imbalance, seeking spiritual awareness and inner wisdom, using skill and courage, putting forth effort, taking chances, using my imagination, finding strength, reflecting inwardly, wanting to learn something all the way, having good health.
8. Letting go of what binds me, drawing on my inner power, achieving results, using my energy wisely, being my own authority, entering into a new phase, making intentions manifest, acknowledging error, being determined, having confidence in my unfolding life purpose, strong in mind and body, success in business or out in the world.
9. Developing wisdom, completing something, having fulfillment, coming to a conclusion, attaining a goal, relying on myself, gaining self-awareness, surrendering judgment, being disciplined, having healing power, on an inner journey where wisdom is revealed, calm/satisfied/contented, recognizing I have what I need, seeing the broader, bigger picture, being generous, deep introspection on the path I’m walking.
10. Being at home with myself as I transition thru change, experiencing mastery, realizing the sum of all the work done, having results, feeling responsibility to family and community, on a new direction, giving meaning to experience, ready to begin anew, experiencing wholeness, transforming, preparing for a new cycle, feeling fulfilled, knowing joy and happiness is mine.
11. Being a master, inspirational teacher/ leader/visionary/speaker, having fame, notoriety, intuitive, uplifting people through spirituality and psychology.
12. Building structures that help others, an executive of a large organization, affecting many lives, building facilities or infrastructures for other people to have a higher quality of life.
Use this formula anytime you want by referring to the descriptions that meet your present moment. It always changes but can offer inspiring insight.
Here’s to having fun while exploring your life purpose!